Saturday, March 12, 2011

Slowing Down

The last two days have been great days of relaxtion for mom. They have removed the drain on her left side and consolidated them into one. So now instead of having five drains she only has three. This is a great thing. My uncle Eric and I got her into the bathroom to and finally washed her hair with shampoo and water. She also got her hair blow dryed and styled. She was thrilled!
Unfortunately, today one of the resident doctors came in and informed us that the leak was still leaking and not completely healed. Therefore, she will not be able to eat for the next two days, ice chips is all. Please pray for her this is not the kind of news we were expecting and she is bummmed she can't eat. They are still optimistic that the leak will heal itself just not sure on the time frame. She feels good and is in high spirits considering the situation. The doctors are saying now that instead of going to the Herrin Rehab she may be going to a wound care facility in St. Louis. We are still not for sure on the date of her release it all depends on how she heals. I LOVE YOU MOM! Hang in there!
Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life…Psalm 23:6

5 comments:

  1. Small steps but we will get there. Hoping to get to see you soon. Keep your joy and faith and keep praising God.

    "But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds," declares the Lord. Jeremiah 30:17

    I keep this verse on my computer so I can read it and receive it all day. I love you Carol !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacy, which St. Anthony's is your mom at - is she up for visitors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol,
    We have all been thinking of you and continue to keep you in our prayers.
    Avis Cardwell
    Debbie Glodo
    Phyllis Borgsmiller
    Gaye Youngman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, you've been in my prayers, and the prayers and thoughts of my family. Stay strong, continue healing, and take advantage of God's comfort when he presents it.
    You can do this, and you can find joy in life again.
    Lots of love to you,
    Kerry (Sims) Brockhagen

    ReplyDelete