Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Enjoying The View

The last couple days have been good days! Yesterday, they put mom on a liquid diet and she got to eat bomb pops! She also had enough strength to walk from her bed to the doorway, she is getting stronger everyday. They also removed some staples from her incision to relieve some pressure from her stomach last night.
The liquid diet did not last very long she was able to eat solid foods for lunch today, her first real meal in 6 days! Hooray! She also received some occupational and physical therapy this afternoon. Dr. Safar said that she may be released from the hospital this weekend. She will then be sent to Herrin Rehab for about a week. This all depends on how the infection heals up. Right now she is doing good, watching TV, relaxing, eating real food, and enjoying her view of St. Louis from her room! I Love You Mommy! Hang in there!
 The LORD is my shepherd;
  I have all that I need.He lets me rest in green meadows;
  he leads me beside peaceful streams.He renews my strength.He guides me along right paths,
  bringing honor to his name. Psalm 23:1-3

2 comments:

  1. I bet she was loving the bomb pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Mom to get home soon, I miss my sista..Glad things are going well. Tell her I love her and praying for her.

    ReplyDelete