Monday, March 14, 2011

Let go.....and let God

The last two days have started off slow, mom has been NPO aka not allowed to eat for the last two days. Although, today was a day filled with great news! They will be transferring her to a rehab facility in St. Louis tomorrow! St. Anthony's Hospital is the name of the facility. That was not the only good news today, her doctor told her today that in about two months they will have her back in St. Louis to remove all the drains and reverse her ileostomy if everything goes according to plan. My mom called me today to let me know the great news we both cried with joy. She is so happy and excited! It brings tears to my eyes now just thinking about it. I can't even begin to thank everyone enough for all the prayers and support. It is so touching to see how much love and support there has been. I thank God so much for blessing my family and my mother with thoughtful and caring people who have been lifting us up! THANK YOU ALL! We LOVE you all! Please keep praying for a smooth recovery and more good days to come! I love you, mom and I am so happy for your good news!
Be strong and courageous, do not discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
*The doctor let her have popsicles today! :)

1 comment:

  1. Carol,
    Hope this finds you improving. Chance and I had a wonderful trip to Charlotte, NC. He won first place in both the regional and national competitions.
    I think of you everyday and wish I could be there wwith you. I'm sure those nails are ready for a fresh coat of paint. Even from the amature that I am! Peace, Love and Hugs, Patty Bateman

    ReplyDelete